Thursday, May 10, 2007

Off to Ottawa!!!!!


I am so EXCITED!!!! Yet, a little nervous. I am off to Ottawa tomorrow, where I will be attending the Stampin' Girls Convention. I have been afforded the wonderful Opportunity of doing a presentation on design and the creative side of Stampin' Up!!!! It is just fabulous to get together with so many individuals who share the same passion.

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. If I return from the Convention in good time, I plan to post my first tutorial (keep your eyes peeled!!!!) I am really excited about sharing my watercolouring technique with you!!!

This card was watercoloured using SU!'s watercolour wonder crayons and aquapainters. The faux frame was created by sponging ink directly to paper to create the mitered corners and shadows. The fine line work was made with a perforating tool and craft ink. The pretty flowers are from CTMH. The Brass lock was a great find at the local $$$ store. All images copyright SU!

4 comments:

  1. Well, Josee picked a perfect person to do a presentation of the "creative side" to stampin' up! I'm sure you'll do very well! Say hello to Caroline Lebel who is also attending from Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your presentation was phenomenal! I love to watercolour and I learned some great new techniques. I can't wait to try layering all those colours. Also, I loved all those ideas for anchoring - those finishing touches are what I find hardest to do. It's hard when to know when enough's enough and when you need some more.

    Thanks so much for coming up and giving us such a great talk and demonstration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I'm sure you are haing a blast in Ottawa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, your sponged frame looks beautimous. The whole card is amazing. I hop you have lots of fun at the convention.
    Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****