Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hanna Hatbox Christmas




With Christmas rapidly approaching and given the fact that I am a total procrastinator, I am vowing to get onto my Christmas Cards early this year!!!

I am really embarrassed to admit it, but first of all, I am HORRIBLE at sending out cards to people (thus a lot of belated birthday greetings get sent!!!) and last Christmas, I sent quite a few Store Bought Christmas Cards!! ( I hope that I didn't cause anyone to fall of their swivel chairs or that you will never come back to visit because you are so thoroughly disgusted by this revelation!!!!)

So, this year I commit to sending ONLY homemade cards!!! I will not buy boxed cards......I won't, I WON'T!!!! (They say affirmations are good to correct behaviours!) It will definitely help that I will be off recovering from Surgery for 8 weeks, so I really don't have much of an excuse this year.............my hands won't be affected!!!!

Well, on with the card details:

Isn't this Designer Paper Yummy???? It is from the Imaginisce Christmas Collection. ABSOLUTELY Gorgeous EH???? The Hat box Images are from HANNA Stamps
of course! I haven't been able to put this set down since it arrived at my doorstep (Did I tell you about chasing the Hot Purolator man down the driveway as he just about left with Hanna????? Well, that's another story anyway!) So I stamped two hat boxes onto the main panel. I stamped a third onto scrap, coloured them all and them cut out the third box separating the lid from the bottom. I cut the cute little penguin from the patterned paper and mounted him slightly behind the bottom of the box. I mounted the lid on dimensionals to give the card a little more depth. The sentiment comes from the naughty but nice stamp set that can be found in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue Finally, the card is embellished with Fire Brads and Stickles!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Theses Hannah stamps are adorable! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie that penguin is. Love your card.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, this is the cutest card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super-d-dooper cute, Vicki! I just love your 'out-of-the-box' take on this! Ha ha ...get it...giggle giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, LOVE the little penguin inside the box :)

    Good luck on the surgery... If you send me your addy through SCS, I can send you a get well card :)

    Jennifer :)
    Lovetostamp6

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is just the cutest card!!! So cheerful and full of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****