Monday, June 2, 2008

Cozy Bookworm


If you are reading my blog, feel blessed that you can do so.
Did you know that four out of ten adult Canadians and one in five Americans struggle with low literacy?

Considering those Adult Canadians with low literacy levels, 15 percent have serious problems dealing with any printed materials, while 27 percent can only deal with the most simple reading facts. Less than ten percent of Canadians who could benefit from literacy upgrading do so. Research indicates that barriers such as employment or financial problems, lack of transportation prevent individuals from enrolling.

Being an individual who loves to read, I could not even imagine not being able to do so. Even tasks that would be considered simple to most, such as reading street signs, filling out a job application or perusing a menu are virtually impossible for those who have literacy problems.

For more information on Literacy in Canada visit ABC Canada
In the U.S. visit www.americanliteracy.com

This card is a sneak peek to be released this Thursday at midnight at Hanna Stamps.
Please join us for our Release Party at 8:00 EST.

Recipe:

Hanna Stamps Bookworm.
Paper: Basic Grey DP -Sugared. Chocolate Chip CS
SU Rubons, Copic Markers, Prima Flowers

3 comments:

  1. Awesome bookworm card Vicki, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post have such wonderful meanning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this card is fabulous. I used to read three books a week and along came rubber stamping. Now I'm lucky to read three books a year. I miss it. This card makes me want to pick up a book and have some fun! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****