Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sneak Peek Day Two-Hello Sunshine




Yes, HELLO SUNSHINE???? HELLO??? Where the heck have you been???? The last couple of days here, have been quite grey! Gloomy and Doomy and a little chilly, the promise of spring peeking over the horizon to tease, only to kiss our noses and quickly disappear again!!!!


It felt like rain yesterday, it looked like rain all day and I was worried that last nights Football practice would be reminiscent of a mud wrestling match! Although the boys got a little more than muddy, the rain held off! I was sure that we were safe and sound!!!! NOT!


Jon has decided that he is not fussy for having a full meal before football practice. It could be that on the first day of practice, one of his teammates lost a very large meal on the field after having to endure a vigorous run under the seemingly heavy football equipment! Actually just walking around with the helmet alone, feels like you are carrying a toddler on your head! I KNOW, I borrowed the equipment for Halloween last year and lasted but about 5 minutes with the helmet on, wondering how the heck one runs in that, let alone the shoulder pads and all the other gear.

So as we were pulling through the McDonald's Drive through, the skies opened up and the rains came! Oh my Gosh! It was Hard and Thick, almost Hail. As I attempted to only open the window enough to receive the treasure in the brown bag (rolls eyes), something wonky happened with the window and it started to go up on my arm as the rain forced it's way into the car! Hitting another button quickly, I managed to open all the windows. Thank goodness the button for the roof is in another location. For the 15 seconds or so that the window was open, there was enough rain to soak through my canvas jacket, shirt and well, you know!!! Was soaked to the bone.

This evoked a fit of giggles from myself and Jonathon and although I was slightly uncomfortable, it was one of those belly laughing episodes that one rarely forgets about! I really should have taken a picture. Thank goodness the rain was pelting into my side of the car because had it been coming in the other way, it would have melted the 30 pounds of mud off jonathon and all over my new 'stang!



Oh yes, so here's the Sunshine!






Little Lily Mermaid is on the scene! Another Sweet image from Pink Cat Studio. I kept this card basic, using Creamy Caramel and Soft Sky Cardstock, Coloured with Copics, used some hemp twine and page pebble for accents. I cuttlebugged both layers for texture and added lots of stickles for Bling!!!

This is one of my favourite images in the set of four summer themed Lily's. Don't forget to hop on over to my side bar to check out the wonderful creations of my team mates and of course to see what Tori has made for you today!!!

And if the Weather doesn't hold up, I have a whole bunch of Sunshine coming to me tomorrow night! My best GF's in the whole wide world will arrive for VICTOPIA!!!! ( can you hear the trumpets blazing??) my annual Scrapbooking/Stamping weekend! Yep, by tomorrow night, the wicked witches of the west will face off with the wicked witches of the east and we will play play play all weekend long!!! Hey!! I'll have to share some of their talents with you next week!

So drive drive safely Chickas! Enjoy your road trip and Jax, be prepared to have the stuffing hugged out of you when you get here!

Stay tuned for one more sneak peek tomoz~

Happy Stamping

*****Vicki~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. Well, this set just gets better & better!! This image is just adorable! I love it!!

    Let's hope things stay dry today! :) Enjoy your Victopia weekend. Sounds like lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your story Vicki good thing you can laugh at it hehe .... love the mermaid and you card

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Football isn't played here that much so it was lovely reading your story about the equipment and stuff Vicki :). I would have never guessed that stuff was so heavy. I adore your card. Love the colours you gave the tail and bra of mermaid Lily and the gorgeous blue shade of the embossed paper and edges. Can't wait to see what you did with the last stamp!!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Vicki. gorgeous colouring and sparkle, I love how you have made a little tag sentiment. Sounds like your going to have a great weekend and look forward to hearing all about it, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    Love your coloring, the dew drops, the sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you had me laughing out loud at your rainy day story! How funny! The funniest part is that I am sure we can all relate at some time or another! Thanks for sharing - and GREAT card! Love you coloring, and the stamp set is the cutest ever...off to work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this little mermaid girl is sooo cute!!! and of course your colouring is always perfection!!
    I cannot wait to get to your place!!!!! I am just jiggling with excitement....and well with my body makeup....once I start to jiggle...it can go on for quite a while!!!! I can't wait to get my stuffing hugged out!!! there's a bit more stuffing in there since the last time..so this hugging will be a good thing!!! haha hugs from you are always a good thing. The weather for the weekend looks good - according to the weather station...I'll have to check Kingston way...this is just the London report - but we have always been lucky weather wise for Victopia!!!! touch wood we are lucky again!!!
    Luv ya - 1 more sleep!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is darling! I love the layout, and that tag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, so darling Vicki. Thanks for the fun story. I think that snow is on it's way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep telling ya have Victopia in AZ...we hit 105 yesterday!
    Have so much fun, I want to see tons of pictures, and I promise some day my butt will be there too. I could use some of my stuffing hugged out too, plus I wanna take a spin in that stang babe!

    Love ya, and give Jax an extra sqeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vicki!!! I am so sorry to hear about the rain! I know how you feel I am tired with a capitol T of it! Ready for some sunshine! Good thing thought that you were able to laugh about it! THis card is beautiful!!! I love the way you did the aparkle on her fins and the mimicking of sand in the papers you used! So beautiful!!! The embossing really adds so much! I hope you have fun at Victopia!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Vicki! I've rolled down my window accidently too when it was raining. It's funny what we do in a state of panic!! LOL! I'm sorry to hear it's raining there. We're quite the opposite here. . .it's scorching hot . . .yesterday it was close to 100 degrees! It's nuts!

    Love your Lily mermaid. . .you colored her so beautifully! I love the mermaid too! She is adorable isn't she? Love the CB embossed background. I need to use mines more often. Awesome job on today's sneak peek!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heeeheeee! Loved your rain story! too funny! I'll bet you are a fun mom! The card is SIMPLY ADORABLE! Love the sparkle on the fin! cute! Victopia sounds like a blast! FUN FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card! I love the glitter you added to her too!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous little mermaid! Love the coloring on her! Love the cute little tag, too!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vicki,

    I love the way you colored her up and how you choose paper colors that would go with the beach colors!!! She is adorable!!!

    Sorry I am so late coming to finish my sneek peek comments I am late to everybodys's this time!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is just too cute and pretty for words! Everything you did with your background and her is just lovely too! I can't type worth a ding! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****