Saturday, May 23, 2009

A little boo boo!!!! Just like bubbles happen, so does life

I made a little error with premature posting!!! Anyway, it's been brought to my attention that I was a little ahead of the game with my challenge card this morning!!! So, if you would like to see the Real OCC Challenge, please head over to the link on my sidebar to OCC and Play along! I'll see if I can get to posting something a little later this afternoon! But here's a little card for you today!!!!!




I chose this sweet Sea Turtle from Bubbles, available at  Our Craft Lounge  as my main focal point. I coloured the image with Copic Markers and then sponged Bashful Blue ink to the inside of the water image and some bordering blue for a deeper colour to the edges of the white panel. I actuallhy mixed companies for the DP, which is usually something that I don't do, but I liked the contrast between the two patterns. The larger pattern is Organic Snowdrop from BoBunny Press, the Stripe from the K&Co. Daydreams. I used Night of Navy and Bliss blue Cardstock.

I dug out the eyelets and dusted them off for this card to keep with the circular theme and used a Prima Flower with a Dew Drop Centre to finish it off! 

Hope you enjoy your weekend! It looks like the weather is supposed to be finally good here, so I am hoping to get a little sun. If I'm lucky, I go from Transparent to white with a moderate amount of sun and it is nice to have a wee bit of colour!

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. I like the look of this sketch myself- you've done a great job here with the paper combos and colour. Love the comical stamp choice too lol
    (Have a fab weekend- its a holiday weekend here, and for once the sun is shining too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great.
    I love that set!! those little fart bubbles crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!! This is hilarious...sure to bring a smile to anyone's day!!! Love it, Vicki!

    I think this is next weekend`s challenge though! lol...let's call this a sneaky peeky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee Joycelyn is right this is next week's, you are ahead of the game girl. --I love it super job. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe ... Joycelyn is right! This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Vicki! Love the card, and that stamp set is a 'must have' - I LOVE that little 'bubbling' turtle!!! lol - how cute is he??? Thanks for sharing! Off to the craft lounge to order some stamps....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable, Vicki! Life happens - no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki -- this is just too funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Vicki!!! That turtle is the cutest little guy!! I love this and your coloring is awesome girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super duper cute card - Vicki!!! You rocked the sketch my friend :)

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki your card is SO cute! What an adorable image and layout! You SO rocked the sketch, it's SUPER, DUPER cute!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bubbles do happen! LOL! The turtle is adorable. . .and the sentiment is perfect! Love your coloring, Vicki! Very pretty!

    Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!! HIlarious....Couldn't be funnier!!!
    while I was out of town Robin was singing your praises on the adorable card you made with her sketch!!! She was so right!!! This CARD so ROCKS!!!

    HUGS ~ LORi

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I LOVE this lil guy.... HAHAHAH It SO reminds me of Finding Nemo and the "I inked myself" line!!! OMG I damn near did TOO when I watched that! HAHAHAHAH LOVE the card Vickie!!!!! SUPER CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card Vicki, love the little turtle and the papers and detail are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****