Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Christmas time again and I LOVE it!


I love Christmas! It's probably one of my favourite times of year! I also LOVE the fact that I won't be busting my butt to get my cards done this year! Imagine that............I might have to make a few, but I won't have to shame myself and go out to by them, only to hear "Vicki? how come I didn't get a handmade card" So this year will be different, much much different!!! This week our Hostess Extraordinaire Debbie challenged us to use eyelets on our card!!!! Well I followed the sketch precisely and was quite pleased with this card! The main image is a digi image from Fred she Said...........isn't it adorable! Anyway I made a point of going outside to take the picture. Now that the weather is better I attempt to take outdoor shots as natural light seems to make the creations all that more pleasing to the eye.......... I came in totally excited to have my card completed several days ahead. Downloaded, cropped edited, now just to upload it to the blog!!! Feeling very very competent, as I went in to the site I notice "Debbies eyelet challenge" Debbies EYELET Challenge??? WHAT??? Well at least I had a little room to put a couple of eyelets on! In the two pictures you can see the card with and without! So when you're playing the challenge this week, don't forget the eyelets 'kay??? lol!



I came up with this funky colour combination, eggplant envy, kiwi kiss and not quite navy while looking at the heap of scraps on my creating table! Used to be a dinner table, but now we eat off T.V. Trays..........but then again, who even needs to eat when you can stamp (just kidding, we have a dining table thank goodness). Anyway as I was making a wee space to create, these colours jumped out at me. I like the combo!!!

Again in the spirit of actually using my Cricut Machine, I cut the embossed background from the Storybook Cartridge. I can report now that my Cricut is feeling appreciated! Nesties, Old Olive Ribbon, SU Scallop punches and of course eyelets accessorize this card! The sentiment is from a retired Snowflake set, of which I would tell you the name, but after some vigorous lawn cutting today, I am too lazy to lift myself out of the chair to go and check!

Hop on over to the Christmas Stamping all Year Long Blog to see all the delicious creations.....I've had a sneak peek and they're awesome! You can also link to the DT from my sidebar!

Happy Monday and stamp till you cramp!!!

*****Vicki~~~~~

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Vicki ... good girl using that cricut again hehe ... love the eyelets too ... something I don't use much these days oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love your color combo and your image is too cute! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays also. I need to get cracking and make some X-mas cards also because I am guilty of "buying" as well:(
    Have a great day Vicki!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! Going from being ahead of the game to forgetting the eyelets! LOL!

    That's great you are getting a head start on those Christmas cards though, I already bought mine (he, he)

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny! Great save on how you used eyelets. LOL!! I love them on the ribbon. Sometimes this is what makes us more creative. I've done that many times too. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, i love alll the snow and the eyelets. I need to use my cricut more or if once would be good!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is TOO cute! Love your fun colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vicki! You're funny forgetting to add the eyelets! Good save on the challenge! LOL! I love what you did with the eyelets and I'm totally lovin' your color combo!! Wow, it's a great mix. Awesome job with your coloring too! I was going to buy a cricut but I stopped myself. . .I have way to many stuff that I don't use and I know I won't use it often enough!! LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! I love these images and the color combo is fabby!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL.... and what a great result for the eyelets challenge! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card Vicki!! I love how you used your eyelets and the pretty colors you chose for your card..the colors go very well together!! The falling snow really does make it feel more like Christmas. It's my favorite holiday too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is just the cutest!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Vicki! The colours are fantastic! Good for you for getting so many Christmas cards done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card this week! Love the colors, layers and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Vicki, your card is so sweet. I love the little girl and the colors... Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first thing I noticed about your card was the embossed background - LOVE it!! Was wondering how you got the shape of it...guess I need to look into purchasing a circut :o). Your color combo is awesome - I would have never thought of using it. The image is super cute too - I really need to look into more digi images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute card - I love the image you used - this was a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe I missed this yesterday. This is awesome! I love that colour combo too. Who would have come up with that one!!! But it looks awesome. I must remember to try taking my pictures outside and see if I have any better luck with getting my stuff to look better.
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable Vicki!! I just love that fun snow you've created over the image!! How fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun and pretty too! He is just adorable. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card rocks! Who says Christmas has to be about green, red and gold? I've just discovered Fred She Said, too... love her images!

    You are lucky. I'll no doubt be buying my Christmas cards again this year. I can never seem to find the time to make as many as I need. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vicki! This is awesome! totally love the cute snowflakes...yikes ...I will have to copy that you know! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****