Friday, August 7, 2009

Where have the years gone? Happy Birthday Son


It seems only yesterday that I held you in the crook of my arm, rocking you and just drinking in the wonder of you. It seems only yesterday you giggled in glee while feeling the wet grass beneath your feet for the first time.

It seems only yesterday I followed the school bus, tears in my eyes to make sure you got into the school safely for the very first time; you looked so small lined up along the red brick wall.

It seems only yesterday I watched as you rode your bike for the first time without training wheels, your grin lighting up the cloudy day.

It seems only yesterday that I carried you, seems only yesterday that I cuddled you, seems only yesterday that I dreamed of being a mother.

How is it that you grew up so fast? In the blink of an eye you stand taller than me, have developed an out of this world sense of humour, a teenager now. My Teenager.

I still drink in the wonder of you. In just another blink of an eye, you will be a man.

Love you much Jonathon.



I'm hosting the Friday Challenge over in the Hanna Stamps Forum today. The theme for the challenge is to create a card for a teenage boy. Only fitting to use G.I. Jon for my card as Kristi named this Riley for Jonathon.






Isn't this the coolest paper? It's U Bug me, from Bo Bunny Press (Arrows) Card base is Brown from Coredinations. Chipboard and Big Eyelets from from Stampin' Up!







Hop on over to the forum to play the challenge. I'll be looking forward to see what you create


Happy Stamping


*****Vicki~~~~~~


13 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun card Vicki ... wow 12 ha, time sure does fly doesn't it! Happy Birthday Jonathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Vicki! Give Jon big hugs from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....Vicki - you made me cry. Happy birthday to your dear Jonathon! And how sweet of Kristi to name a stamp after your DS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are going to make me cry!!! Happy Birthday Jon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vicki, your card is beautiful, I love that image. Happy birthday to Jon! ;-) Hugs and happy weekend. Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Vicki, i'm not the only one I see... You made me cry too. Happy birthday to your dear son Jonathon and hope he had a special day. My girls are only 4 and 9 but it doesn't seem that long ago they were tiny babies and I can't believe my youngest start full days school in September. I love your challenge and am off to get inky now. Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Vicki! What a lovely tribute to your boy! I had tears in my eyes! Great Riley card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhhh, I love this card you made. How perfect! What a great great story about him...oh they do grow so fast. Jonathon is a great great person. You should really be proud of him. He is growing into a very handsom, and respectable man...He has a wonderful sense of humor....HAPPY BIRTHDAY GI JON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK so it has been about 8 hours since I last cried and then HERE YOU ARE.... Vicki TREASURE these moments. My son left Thursday at 0620 to head out to College...it is SO sad to not see his car parked or to see him sitting at the dinner table or heck to even hear him get up ni the middle of the night to pee! LOL

    Jon is a VERY Handsome man-boy! SO close to just plain ole man!!!! Happy Birthday Jon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy birthday to Jonathon!!

    Love your card Vicki. The Bo Bunny is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Jonathan!!! I know what you mean, Vicki. The years go by no matter how much we appreciate and value every moment along the way. Welcome to the teenage years. I'm on my third. Trust me, they do become human again eventually! LOL

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    P.S. Adorable card... I love GI Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Vicki! Happy Birthday to Jonathan. I loved your dedication to your son. It's beautiful. I know exactly how you feel. . .it gets worse when they turn 18. There's days when I look at my daughter and wish I could start all over again. It makes me sad sometimes to think that I can't. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday.

    Your Riley card is awesome. . .love all the arrows. . .such a fun card! Riley as always is a cutie!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one cool card! Love the patterned paper - very hip!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****