Friday, May 21, 2010

OCLDT #14



Kay, so please don't tell me I've completely lost my mind! I've been frantically working today (Thurs) to complete and preschedule all my posts for this weekend as i'm taking off for the weekend early tomorrow afternoon.......... it's never good to rush

I am Hoping that my card remotely resembles the sketch for OCL this week............It did in my mind anyway! Lol.............when I went to have a closer look at the sketch, I realized that I cleared all my cookies of the net and couldn't remember my password for the DT forum.......anyway I THINK this is what the sketch looks like! To be sure........head on over to the LOUNGE to take a peeky and learn what you have to do to play!

In my rush, I just couldn't seem to get the colour of my photograph to capture the real colour of the card........ In real life, it's quite pretty, but here, I'm afraid, a little garish!!! lol

The sand dollar on the card is very very special to me. A couple of years ago, I headed to a stamping retreat in Cape Cod with a bunch of ladies that I had only met online. It was a WONDERFUL weekend hosted by Marilyn Sanclemente, Rose, Lyn, Stephanie......oh my gosh, I can't remember everyone's name, but what a wonderful group of women. Anyway, we went hunting for sand dollars and I was able to bring a few home............

The image is a new release from OCL called Treasured friend........what a pretty pretty stamp. In addition, I used some 24k Sparkly Fluff to add some dimension to the sand!

If you're celebrating Victoria Day, have a wonderful long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card Vicki!! i love your colouring and the seashell ribbon is so cute! i definitely remember collecting sand dollars here on the west coast...ahhh memories.. hehe

    Have a great long weekend!!!
    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Vicki!! Enjoy your weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card looks great! Have a super weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if this is what you made while we were chatting last night you did a phenomenal job!!! Hope you have a FUN weekend!!! Love the sand dollars-I remember collecting those the year before when I had gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****