Saturday, June 19, 2010

C4C42 and Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday Challenge 34






Before we get onto today's C4C challenge we have a few announcements to make regarding changes in our Design Team.

First up Lori Boyd is super busy with all that she has been doing recently, and with summer now here she wants to spend lots of time with her "5 little reasons". Thanks Lori for all your inspiration over the past 12 months, it's been lots of fun having you on the team!

We are also excited to introduce to you a new member to our Design Team, I am sure many of you will know her already because her creations are amazing!!!!!!!! Please welcome Maria Bell of Stampin Inspirations blog!

Mercy is here again to bring you another fun and fabulous challenge!

This week she wants to see you create a card/project using PAPER FLOWERS! These can be paper flowers that you have purchased from the craft store, or flowers that you have punched and created yourself....if you are stuck, you can head to the C4C blog to get a link to Mercy's Tutorial.................and now here is where I got stuck............. I guess I have reading problems because I thought I was to use a home made flower on my card.........so as you can see, mine is not from paper, but crocheted..........and hand made by one of my very good friends Andreanne. Now I've asked her to teach me how so that I can make my own........but that is a very eager goal as I have tried to crochet several times to no avail! Anyway........... paper flower ladies..........paper flower! lol

If you would like to play along with us at C4C , all you have to do is create a card/project and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword C4C42. Don't forget to go back to C4C and link it on Mr Linky so that everyone else can see it too.





And now for the Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Saturday Challenge! Krafty Jeanne has asked us to use a pretty summer colour combination on our cards.............Yellow, Blue and Tan. I was very lean with the Tan as you can see............lol...........guess it just wasn't my week, but go my mojo on with the Blue and Yellow!!! For my card I used the Beautiful Marina from the Summer Mermaid Kit that's now available and on special over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps



Be sure to pull out your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps for this challenge and you could win a Krafty Prize! Check out the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog for all the details.


15 comments:

  1. she is gorgeous .....and your layout really makes her the focal point...love your crocheted bloom.....yarn/thread is fiber as is paper made from fiber...close enough for me...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute, vicki...lovin' those mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Vicki and love the flower your friend made you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dear Vicki, love the cute image and the "water"... perfect! Big hugs and happy weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is cute. I like all the blues.
    Luv ya
    jax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over the top CUTE, Vicki! You coloring rocks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vicki! Even if it's not a paper flower, it's a gorgeous flower so that's what counts, right? Hey. . .I recently learned how to crochet! I learned to do the single and double stitch and I'm creating a scarf right now. I hear ya' about how crocheting is confusing. .. it took me at least 50 attempts before I got it right. Jus' keep at it, you'll figure it out eventually!

    I love the image and your card is so darn adorable. . love all the pretty colors that you used. .beautiful job on your coloring!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness Vicki... THE TAIL!! Your colouring is just AMAZING... Can you tell I am in awe...Well, I am, this card is just stunning, I LOVE it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card, Vicki!! You have made the blues and the yellow look so striking! Your mermaid is so beautifully coloured too. Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathtaking creation Vicki !! The crocheted flower totally ROCKS along with the dainty pearl accents.

    Would love to get my paws on the flower pattern, just incase you are feeling kind and generous :0)

    P.S. Love the different blue hues and textures. Need I say more?!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Vicki, this is AWESOME! I LOVE the image and the bubbles are perfect! Great job girl, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet image...this is fantastic, VIcki!!!! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thsi is such a sweet card & image-yourstory about the flower had me laughing-love the flower you used though-I asked my friend to crochet me some flowers-she ignored my request!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****