Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stampotique Designer Challenge 22 Put your best Mask On!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’m really excited to be hosting Stampotiques very first challenge of 2011. As you know, Stampotique has just had a Design Team call……..watch for some fresh new Designers to compliment some of our seasoned stampers!

I’m challenging you to use an type of Masking Technique on your card……….Put on your best mask!

For my card, I started out with a plain white Card. I cut a piece of Cardstock 6"x6" to match the size of the card front. From that 6x6 sheet, I cut a circle in the middle, allowing me to use the cardstock and the circle as a mask. First I adhered the circle to the middle of my cardfront. Then I took Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink and sponged the entire front of the card. I then took the honey comb background stamp and stamped over the front of the cardstock in Tea Dye to create a tone on tone look. I then took the Button Stamp and stamped the upper half of the card in Walnut Stain ink. Then it was time to remove the circle from the middle of the card and place the 6x6 cut out mask over the borders, so that I could work on the central images on my creation.

First I stamped Leopard Queen in the circle and on a Sticky Note. I then lay the mask over her and stamped in the Mushroom Group around her. I coloured her with Copic Markers and added some stickles to her wings for some additional bling!

Make sure that you peek down to see the rest of the DT creations, you'll see various sorts of masking in all it's glory!

 

Now onto the rules of the Challenge:

Since it's the first challenge of the month, you are welcome to use stamps from any company. Of course, if you have Stampotique images, we'd love you to include them in your project! Just add your project below to be included in the draw for a fabulous $30 gift certificate to the Stampotique Store!

*only one entry per person please, additional entries will be deleted*

hope you'll play along,

Vicki

8 comments:

  1. ooo she's awesome!! she's such a creepy little thing to look at her, but you make her seem sweet in a twisted kind of way! on this card!! I love what you do with Stampotique images!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and funny card, Vicki. Great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Vicki - fab colours on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Vicki and I really like how you did your masking on this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome challenge, Vicki! Your project really shows off these styles of masking too! Love the color pop in the centre!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card!! love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so darling Vicki!! What a fabby creation and coloring!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****