Friday, November 18, 2011

First Snowfall



Elements of  raising a puppy are reminiscent of  the joy of raising a baby. I still recall the look on Jonathon's face and the squeals of delight as he experienced the feeling of dewy grass under his toes. Yesterday, mother nature blessed us with a brief yet beautiful snowfall. I was taking a little break from work and noticed the big fluffy flakes through the kitchen window.


My first thought was to get Sydney outside as I was really excited to see her reaction. As we stepped over the vestibule and onto the damp porch, her little doe eyes widened. Head cocked to the left, (seems to be her perplexed look) we headed out onto the lawn. As she looked up into the sky, the snowflakes were melting on her nose.

 More investigation followed. Nose to the ground, she burrowed through the grass, tentatively tasting the cool flakes as if she were a sampler at Costco! Nose to the ground, nose to the sky, we repeated that pattern for a few minutes.


She wasn't too happy to have to go into the house to don her winter jacket, but I just had to have some photos of her fashion highness! If i'd thought a little harder, I'd have taken the camera the first time out, but in a sense, I'm glad I didn't. My focus was solely experiencing the pleasure of a new experience for Sydney.


Really and truly, as much work as involved with raising her, she brings a little Joy into my heart each and every day~!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
Gilda Radner

6 comments:

  1. AAww Vicki she looks very cute in her jacket! I hope you don't get a really deep snowfall this winter as she only has little legs!!
    She has certainly settled in well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww how adorable! Our Snickers needs a little coat like that! So cute, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too too cute for words!! TFS Snow, snow, go away and come again another day! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! She is definitely stylin'!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****