Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Impression Obsession Challenge-True Blue!



This week's challenge over at the Impression Obsession Blog is to make a card with a Blue Colour Theme.
For my card, I used Darling Dahlia. I can be quite dense when it comes to the less common flowers, so I'm not even sure if  there is such a creature as a Blue Dahlia, but if there isn't there is now!!!!
I coloured my Blue Dahlia with my Touch Twin Markers
Just THREE colours to get this pretty effect!



The background of the card was done with a Cover a Card-Flourishes
The sentiment  can be purchased individually or as a part of a fabulous Clear Set that has an abundance of Dreamy Sentiments! It's called Dare to Dream. The Little Blue Leaves ( GASP! I didn't want to add any GREENery to my BLUE card) are made with the Scalloped Oval Punch from SU!!!! No fancy dies here, just got down to scrunching up the paper! Oooop and a touch of Glitter to add to the Yummy Factor!

Make sure you head over to the blog to link up your entry and a chance to shop for some of this fabulous spring rubber!

And don't forget to stop by the Ladies Blogs, their stuff is SO awesome it will turn your brown eye blue!..hehe..... 



11 comments:

  1. Oooooh, love this.... and coloured to PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here.. http://jamagenee.hubpages.com/hub/Nora-Roberts-In-The-Garden-Triolgy scroll down a bit on that page and check out how perfect you captured it!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  3. W.O.W. That flower is amazing! Beautiful, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower and background and such a good idea to use the scalloped oval for the leaves !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous Vicki! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love your coloring of this fabulous new flower stamp! And I love the added glitter. Thanks for telling us how you did the leaves, what a great idea. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-that flower really POPS! Very nice.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Your coloring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe you got so much color and depth with only three colors! Beautifully done! I don't know if there are blue dahlia's either, but if not, there should be! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card ! Love that Dahlia and what you've done with it ! Awesome ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****