Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hearts Abound-February Mixed Media Art Challenge



In the past few months, I've really enjoyed delving into the world of Mixed Media.
It allows me to go to places i've never been and to experiment with fun techniques.
I'm loving the free expression of my creativity. I've never been what you call a "technique" oriented stamper, but rather preferred colouring, a cleaner style and a more "white bread" approach to paper crafting. So this Art Journalling Calendar Project is perfect for me!!!!

For my page, I started with a Heart Stencil and sprayed using Tattered Angels Glimmer Spray. Taking the advice of my mixed media mentor Kim Pargeter, I didn't waste the ink on the stencil and ended up with that fun white space to the right hand side of the Calendar Page. I found it just a touch too pink, so I used a couple of Impression Obsession Stamps to add a little more depth and then sponged with Vintage Photo ink around the page. The Two stamps I used:


Then I punched out the Circles and Hearts with some Pink Paislee Paper, inked around the edges and adhered it to the background. Using my Foutain Pen and Chocolate Ink, I outlined the edges of the punch outs, to give them more dimension. I added a touch of Doodling, as well as hand lettering the Title. To finish up, I sponged and added the Cupid Die Cuts and the Floral Heart Strip and some Corner Metal Stickers from Close to my Heart. I'm Happy with the way the page turned out.

Art Journalling seems to be my new Solace.

Stay tuned for more...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****