Monday, May 12, 2014

My Transition Journal




tran·si·tion
tranˈziSHən,-ˈsiSHən/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
    "students in transition from one program to another"


If you've been following my blog or Facebook updates, you'll know that I'm currently recovering......I've decided that rather than recovering, I will be Transitioning.

Transitioning  into a Healthier Lifestyle

A means of preventing the need to send out a selfie to my concerned friends and family that although I indeed had a Heart Attack, I wasn't on my Deathbed, but rather the recipient of a wake up call. A message of a need for a New Beginning




My Transition Began with one Single Step



I am a NON Smoker

Yes, a NON Smoker. Not a reformed Smoker, a NON Smoker
That was my first step.
In the Hospital I was offered smoking cessation aids, resources, literature.
I don't need that.... I was never so certain at the moment I had been informed of my physical condition that not another cigarette would touch my lips again. Ever. I am a NON SMOKER

In order to move forward, each step will be followed by another.

More Exercise

Better Nutrition

More Sleep

Less Stress

equals=

Healthy Lifestyle


Fortunately Creating is something that I find extremely relaxing 

I created this cover for my Transition Journal in which I will record my goals, successes, Inspirations etc;  Quotes that give me strength, Affirmations to push me forward in my quest for more Balance in my Physical, Emotional and Social States.




In seeking a Central Image for my Altered Journal,  Jayden loves to Journal from Stamping Bella couldn't be more perfect!

The Sentiment really spoke to me with regard to my current situation

"The pages of yesterday cannot be revised, but the pages of tomorrow are blank and YOU hold the pen. Make it an inspiring story.

I will make it an inspiring Story, a Story that I will continue to share well into my Eighties, for I hold the pen; I can make the difference between living and living well.

I thought I'd take you through the process of building my Journal as I will share the pages that I intend to create along the way....




I started with a Desk Dictionary that I found in the Cedar closet.

I tore out about 1/3 of the pages and glued several groupings of pages together as a start for my first entires.

I love the Colours and elements of the Prima Marketing Time Traveller Collection and decided to use it primarily in the construction of my Journal.





I used Gel Medium to adhere my Dark Lines and Falling Rose Designer Paper to the Front Covers

I then adhered a 4x6 Journal Card around the mid point of the front cover.




Once the Covers were attached, I cut a slice of Gold Gelato and as in the illustration below, mixed it with the Faber Castell Whipped Spackle to create some coloured Texture Paste.


I applied it over the Floral Rose Stencil



What a Pretty result!




The Whipped Spackle dries quite quickly!
That's great for me as I can be a touch impatient at times!




 Once the whipped spackle dried, I began to build my over by adding embellishments behind, around and in front of the Central image




The embellishments I used are al from Prima Marketing and include

Time Traveller

Chipboard pieces
4x 6 Journalling Cards
Time Traveller Flowers
Time Traveller Metal Brads
Tags and Tickets
Say it with Crystals

Ingvild Bolme Office Metals


Here are a couple of different views:




and again!





I coloured my image with my Touch Twin Markers of Course

Colours used

R1,8, 7,131,139,14
BR 104, 100,109
YR142,BR107
CG1,3,5
BR103,98


I hope you've enjoyed my post. I am looking forward to sharing the pages as well as some of musings with regard to my lifestyle change.

See you soon !!!!

~~Vicki --




3 comments:

  1. Glad to see your creativity is completely in tact! LOVE your customized journal ... as well as your plans for its future contents. Continue your new quest ... your path looks straight and well-aimed m'friend!
    ((((hugggsss))))
    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal and transition is a great word. Really glad you're ok. I am also a NON SMOKER. 157 days in. Please consider downloading the Cessation Nation App. It's a great tool and really helps keep things in perspective. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so happy you are doing well. Your journal is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****