Sunday, January 4, 2015

I am my own Goal keeper-Documented Life Project 2015



In taking Action to be more creative this year, I've decided to join the Documented Life Project


With weekly challenges abound, I will be prompted and motivated to create specifically for me.

The challenge for January is "The Blank Page and how to face it.

The art Challenge: Using Book Paper in your creation {Can you see it all peeking out under the paint? I even used an old envelope that mom had stashed in her desk. Can you find the Lady Di Stamps" {geez, this could be the start of a where's Waldo type of game-grin}. Was it a bad thing to pain over Lady Di? I tried to keep her image a little cleaner than some of the others, so I'll award myself an "A" for effort!

The Journal Prompt: Be your own goal keeper.  Who else knows you better than you and know one else is going to achieve your goals for you!

I got a little ambitious with regard to doing a two page thread and in hindsight, perhaps should have stuck to one page, but hindsights 20/20 and I met my goal to create, so that's the main thing.

I created  little flap for my page to keep my goals personal....the word Action, of course is highlighted as it's my word for 2015. So far I'm holding to my vow to take action toward one goal or another each day. For example, I have a bad habit of leaving the dinner dishes to sit in the sink until I accumulate a bigger pile, or until I know I have company coming {ohhhh Candid Confession-I'm not a neatnik!}
This year, I will do the damn dishes before I retire {at least get them washed and into the drainer}.
So far, so good. I know, for most a small task, but for me-the need to feel more in control and organized. I figure if I can keep my personal space organized, I have a better chance of effecting self control, follow through and organization in other areas of my life.

Here's to bringing my goals into fruition in 2015. I had a few people inquire about the turquoise spirals on my page. I created them by stamping  the Grunge Circle Stamp with Ti Holtz distress Paint. I also used the Spatter Stamp also by Impression Obsession and stamped it in not quite Navy Ink by Stampin Up!.

Have a wonderful day! Be sure to stop by all week to see some CHA peeks from Impression Obsession. There is a daily Hop and prizes to be won!

Happy Stamping!

-Vick~

1 comment:

  1. Action is my word too! I just joined the DLP and found your site surfing for "I am my own goal keeper"! Love your work and words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****