Sunday, November 8, 2015

Challenge Chicks and Doodlebug oh my!



Good Morning!!! Okay so HOW many days 'til Christmas?

What happened to 2015? I can't believe it's almost through. It just seems it was January. I'm kind of glad in one sense, as it's been a tough 18 months for me, but each month that we got deeper into the year I got feeling better, so I guess it's all good! I'm positive the 2016 is going to be my year! POSITIVE!!!! 

So onto the card! How freakin grin evoking sweet is THIS???? That little Christmas tree makes me want to reach out and tickle it! I KNOW silly me. Anyway I kind of took artistic liberty with the Challenge Chicks Challenge this month..well HUGE artistic liberty in fact. The challenge was to create a tag to match some gift wrap that you have at home. I do have some Christmas Wrap packed away into a box and good lord, I wasn't ready to crack that yet! I had already had started this little gift tag featuring the Merry Tree Doodlepop 3D sticker. Then I thought perhaps I'd make some gift wrap to match. Well then I decided that I'd wrap something with the Christmas Magic Paper, but since I didn't have a gift to wrap, I didn't want to waste the paper, so I used it as the base for a card.

I used a strip of Christmas Trim to break up the background a bit and a small circle of Tiny Trimmings on the tag. I thought the tree could use a little snow under, so I added some Polar White Flower Soft. I had some fun stickers from the Dollar store that I added for the sentiment and of course the big black bow! Did I stray too far from the challenge?

Hope you enjoy my cute little creation as much as I enjoyed making it!


--Vicki~~

1 comment:

  1. So super cute,Vicki! I love that happy little tree too and all the polka dots are so fun!! I like your outlook on 2016-Positivity rocks!!! Here's to it!!! TFS this darling little number! Have a great day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****