Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Where did 21 years go?



Jon is 21 today.......holy pete! I almost can't believe it. 
I wanted to make him a card that was reflective of something he likes to do, which is to fish.

I used the Bobber Box stamp as my main focal point. If you look closely, you can see i've used the 

Fishing Line stamp on the background to add a touch of dimension

I coloured the image with Copic Marker, adding some ZIG Pen highlights to the metal areas.
I achieved the vintage look by sponging over the entire image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. As you can see, there's a little highlight in the middle. I eased up with the sponge there.

Lastly, I used the Build your own Message set to add the sentiment.

It really does pay to keep things around in case you need them. I've had these little metal numbers and letters from Making Memories for as long as I can remember. They were perfect to personalize the card even more!!!! I'm glad to say he liked it very much!!!!



I created this card for My Great Uncle who is turning 92 later this month. Now that's a feat in itself! It's not to often one enjoys 92 years of living. He will have his 70th Anniversary next year!!!

I'm wishing Uncle John, much good health and happiness in the coming year

I took the opportunity to use my newly release Seth Apter images to created a fun background with the card.

They can be found in the RPM's Clear Set or individually on the IO site

Of course I used my fabulous IO inks in

and

I wanted the background to really stand out, so I used the Happy Die Cut and matching Clear Set

A quick and easy card, but quite striking I think!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****